Yoga class in Mirrormont will be offered this week on Monday evening, June 21, at 7:30 in the clubhouse. Embrace your existence with yoga!
Consider sharing these benefits of yoga for men with the father(s) in your life:
1. Yoga is a great workout that covers every muscle, joint and organ. It works every system: cardiovascular, skeletal, muscular and endocrine. In sports such as hockey, tennis or football, you only utilize 10-15 percent of the body.
2. Yoga decreases muscle soreness. Yoga is a great way to alleviate muscle tension from other sports. It releases soreness by decreasing lactic acid build-up in the muscles. This helps performance and prevents injuries.
3. Yoga helps boost stamina. Instead of feeling depleted after you work out, yoga actually increases your energy and revitalizes you. Stretching your muscles oxygenates your blood and deep breathing distributes oxygen throughout your body as energy.
4. Yoga relieves back pain and improves posture. After years of strenuous exercise, tendons can shorten and eventually pull you out of alignment, leading to chronic back pain. Yoga brings fluid back into stiff joints which helps correct alignment, relieving back pain, and even helps you appear taller by improving your posture!
5. Yoga reduces blood pressure. The deep extended breathing practiced in yoga helps reduce blood pressure. High blood pressure is one of the many causes of heart attack and fatigue for many men.
6. Yoga helps you focus. Many famous athletes including NFL stars swear by yoga. It has helped them heighten their performance levels. By increasing mental clarity they became better athletes in their chosen sport.
7. Yoga detoxifies the body. Yoga helps flush the body of toxins. It stimulates digestion and enhances the immune system.
8. Yoga calms the mind. After practicing yoga you feel a deep sense of well-being. It greatly reduces stress levels enabling you to feel calmer and more grounded. With renewed energy and mental clarity all activities and areas of your life are sure to benefit!
(from Ivy Markaity)
Happy Father's Day!